Whimsical Children's Garden Playhouse


I'm so excited to share this fun DIY project my husband and I have been working on this summer.  It has always been a dream of mine to build an outdoor playhouse for our daughter and having a little free time on our hands we decided to build it.  The best part about this project is that we used wood scraps from our shed and a few pallets that have gotten a lot of use. So, we spent very little money which is always a bonus.

First I'll start with the pallets.  Late one night I asked my hubby if he could go pick up some pallets I noticed behind a grocery store earlier that day for a project for our daughter's first birthday.  I asked him to get them at night because I wasn't certain if they were free for the taking, and I'm still not sure?  Reluctantly, he went and picked them up.  I used those pallets to create a backdrop for the dessert table at our daughter's first birthday.

Then a friend of ours borrowed them for her daughter's shower.


Afterwards those poor pallets sat behind our shed and became home to spiders, bugs, and all sorts of little creatures I'd like not to think about.  So, I decided to clean them up and use them to make a playhouse for our little lovebug. Here's how it turned out.


We used wood scraps from the shed and things we had lying around from other projects.  After we constructed the actual playhouse I had to decide on some paint colors and fabrics.  I decided to paint the playhouse in fun and soft shades of yellow and green.  I haven't painted the floor yet because I kind of like the history it holds.  I'm sentimental like that.


Then I coordinated the paint colors with some fabrics to make a roof, double sided curtains, and some bunting.




Then we filled the garden playhouse with some toys I picked up from Goodwill and it was ready to go.  Though it is not only a garden house, it has become a restaurant, a veterinary hospital, and a grocery store.  Creating this garden playhouse is definitely a dream come true for me especially as I watch my daughter play in it.

~Happy Crafting,
Michelle

Comments

  1. OMG SOOOO CUTE! I still have all the little bird houses from her first birthday, I put them out every spring... they remind me of all the sweet Spring baby girls we get to celebrate in March ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts