BUTTERFLY KISSES & BIRTHDAY WISHES FOURTH BIRTHDAY

When our daughter's fourth birthday rolled around, there was no other choice than a butterfly birthday party.  She (actually mommy or daddy) was reading Fancy Nancy and the Butterfly Birthday over and over again on a nightly basis, and that book became our inspiration for her party.  Our sweet girl has a wonderful imagination and loves all things fairy, so it made sense that we would have a butterfly kisses and birthday wishes party.  We were very fortunate that the weather was beautiful for the littles to run around, search for butterfly fairies, and get lost.  To start I decorated a three tier tray with a lot of birthday knickknacks.  I had fun crocheting all of the little hats for my eggs.  I also loved making the adorable birthday sock gnome.


I kept the food simple. Lots of finger foods, and we ordered a pizza.


I covered a wooden number four with a variety of faux flowers, greens, and butterflies using hot glue.


We made a homemade cake. I created the circle paper topper using my Cricut machine.  The wooden doll is something I created for our daughter's first birthday and have used it every year since.


Before the littles could go on the hunt.  They had to get dressed up like little butterflies.  My handy husband made the cute little A-frame clothing rack for their butterfly attire.  I made skirts using scraps of tulle, elastic, and my sewing machine.  The wings I purchased from the dollar tree.  I did embellish the wings with a little flower and some ribbon.  I also made the floral crowns using coated wire, faux flowers and greenery, and ribbon.  They turned out so stinking cute.  



The littles were able to see their adorable butterfly reflections in a nearby mirror.


They also got a little face painting done.


The littles were not allowed to enter the hunt until they were transformed.  


The adventure began with one little scroll.  Once unrolled, the scroll gave a clue to the next location, and the adventure began. 


These were some of the stops on the hunt.  The signs I made using some Amazon cardboard boxes.  I cut the boxes up, wrote the words using a sharpie, and then used glue and black glitter to add a little flair to the letters.  I also glued some sticks, ribbon, and faux flowers to the signs too.  If you're looking for some ideas for your adventure, then there is a picture at the end of this post that has the clues we used, and the items that were found at each stop.
 

We made these toadstools using PVC, coco liners, red and white spray paint, and E6000 craft adhesive.





The little butterflies had fun running around searching for their butterfly fairies.



Finally they found them at Butterfly Hollow.  These were one of my favorite items to make for our daughter's birthday.  I found super soft burlap ribbon (not sure from where) in my stash of ribbons to create these chrysalis bags.



Inside each bag was a butterfly fairy made especially for them.  I created the fairies using wire, wooden beads, yarn, ribbon, and faux flowers.



Once all of the butterfly fairies were found, it was time for some yummy delicious cake.  


Our daughter blew out the candles and made a wish.  We hope all of her sweet wishes come true.

I hope you've enjoyed this post.  If you're interested in a detailed description of any of the projects I made, then please leave a comment below.

As always happy creating,

~Michelle









 



Comments

Popular Posts