MIRACULOUS LADYBUG 5TH BIRTHDAY PARTY

If you're looking for a heroine that's kind, brave, and as sweet as a peach, then look no further than Ladybug from the television show The Miraculous Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir.  Our little one loves watching it, so when her fifth birthday rolled around, we had no other choice then to create a party theme around it.  The setting of the show takes place in Paris, France, and I was able to decide on a color scheme and décor using the show as inspiration. As always, once I had the décor in mind, then I rummaged through my stash of crafts, fabrics, and supplies to get creating and crafting.

I used a lot of black, red, white, hearts, and roses to create the décor.  The name banner was made from chalkboard triangles, fancy letters I cut out using my Cricut machine, battery powered fairy lights, twine, red, black, and black and white stripped ribbon.  We hung some Edison lights from the ceiling in an X pattern.


To top off the décor we had to create the Eiffel Tower of course.  So, once again, my oldest son made an Eiffel Tower using one of his 3-D printers.  He made two of them.  A large one to display on the windowsill and a smaller one to display on her cake.  They turned out so well.  


Balloon arches were all the rage back in the 90's, and I love to see this trend coming back around.  This balloon garland was actually really easy to make.  To recreate it, all you need is various sizes and colors of balloons to match your décor, a little air (my hubby was a good sport about it), some heavy gauge fishing line, and a heavy duty upholstery needle.  Simply blow up the balloons to various sizes and tie them off.  Again measure the length of the arch or garland and add 50% more using the heavy gauge fishing line, thread the fishing line through your needle, and start threading your balloons on by pushing the needle above the point where you tied the balloon off.  This project is so much easier with two people.  Make sure to pull the balloon all the way down the fishing line before adding the next balloon.  You can embellish the arch with ribbon, scraps of fabric, paper flowers, or faux flowers.  I hung the garland using command hooks.  They really are super simple to make and add a pop of flair to your party décor.

I have learned to keep the food simple.  We ordered a pizza and had a lot of finger foods on hand.  Keeping the menu simple allows me to spend more time with my daughter and her guests.  Another bonus of simplifying the menu is we're able to clean up quickly.


A crafting tradition I have done for all of my daughter's parties is to decorate a wooden number that matches her age.  This year I painted a wooden number five to look like a ladybug.  First, I painted the number with bright red paint.  Next, I used a round sponge brush, black paint, and randomly sponged black circles all over the number five to make those fun ladybug polka-dots.  It really turned out cute and was quite simple to make.  

These wooden numbers have been a special keepsake for our daughter.  After her birthday, she likes to display the number on a bookshelf in her bedroom until the next birthday.  I've saved every number, and I've often thought I could use them when she gets into two-digit numbers.  Thankfully, we're along way off from that though.  PS: Yes, you might have noticed in the picture above that there is a picture of my little after she painted her face blue with a stamp pad.  She was inspired to become a living canvas after watching the Smurf movie...haha!


I baked her birthday cake. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting.  I created sugar roses from a recipe I found online.  Of course, I went to look for it and couldn't find it anywhere.  I recall the recipe was really easy to make and the roses piped out beautifully.  They had a nice shape and were pretty tasty.  I also made black royal icing to add polka-dots to the cake, but completely forgot to add them.  Oh well it was still simply delicious.


I also made some sugar cookie ladybugs, flowers, and number fives.  This recipe came from Pinterest. These little treats were super easy to make and yummy delicious.  The littles and the bigs devoured them.
 



Of course you have to have some fun at a fifth birthday party, so the littles played musical chairs and then created their very own superhero masks to keep their identities a secret.  I cut out the masks using stiff red, black, and white felt and elastic for the headbands.  The littles had all kinds of sticky gems, flowers, skull and crossbones to add to their masks.


When our little one was opening her presents the other little ones got to open their goody bags.  Keeping with the party décor I found these cute black and white stripped bags at our local craft store.  I added red tissue paper, and tied a gift tag that looked like Miraculous Ladybug's miraculous box.  I found the template for these cards on Pinterest.



Everyone seemed to have a miraculous time.  Happy birthday my sweet little ladybug.  

Happy creating,

~Michelle
















The little butterflies had fun running around searching for their butterfly fairies.





Finally they found them at Butterfly Hollow.  These were one of my favorite items to make for our daughter's birthday.  I found super soft burlap ribbon (not sure from where) in my stash of ribbons to create these chrysalis bags.



Inside each bag was a butterfly fairy made especially for them.  I created the fairies using wire, wooden beads, yarn, ribbon, and faux flowers.



Once all of the butterfly fairies were found, it was time for some yummy delicious cake.  


Our daughter blew out the candles and made a wish.  We hope all of her sweet wishes come true.

I hope you've enjoyed this post.  If you're interested in a detailed description of any of the projects I made, then please leave a comment below.

As always happy creating,

~Michelle

Comments

Popular Posts